What makes a great (business) year?
In the agency business, a good year is something that goes beyond P&L and revenue. For me its something more. Over the years I created a list of the things that can make a great year for an ad agency. The list is as follows
- Do great work for amazing clients
- Do work that goes beyond your reach and extends your capabilities to other countries and cultures
- Work on projects you love with great partners
- Watch talented people develop into amazing employees
- Hire new talent that will fit right in and will grow the agency’s creative abilities
- Don’t lose talent
- Win new business
- Do “the” project. The one that will define your agency as something different than everyone else.
Well this year we are 8 for 8 and this is certainly a great year for Giraffes in the Kitchen and to top it all up the year goes with a bang since we just found out we won the pitch we craved for, the one that Joan and Peggy couldn’t land.